a future where the runway is always green
The Franconia Soaring Foundation created the Ritts Howard Legacy Society to honor Ritts’s legacy of support to the New England soaring community. Beginning with his first glider flight at Franconia where he “caught the bug,” to his creation of Captain Eli’s Flying Service at Pepperell Airport, to his generosity of spirit, wise counsel and financial help to the New England soaring clubs, he made the difference!
The Ritts Howard Legacy Society provides an opportunity for soaring pilots and others to give back to soaring in Ritts’s name and spirit by supporting the Foundation’s dedication to training and their efforts to provide a world class soaring environment with its new Training and Operations Center, and their preservation of the Franconia Airport for future generations.
Donors to the Ritts Howard Legacy Society will be recognized on a Society plaque to be prominently displayed in the Training and Operations Center, acknowledgment on the Foundation website, and will receive a personal plaque recognizing your place in the Society.
You can help the Franconia Soaring Foundation accomplish this mission by making your tax-deductible donation to the Ritts Howard Legacy Society. Donors to the Society will be recognized at the following lifetime giving levels:
- Thermal – $1,000-$9,999
- Ridge – $10,000-$24,999
- Lennie 1 – $25,000-$49,999
- Lennie 2 – $50,000-$99,999
- Lennie 3 – $100,000 or more
Some of the easiest and most common ways for you to become a member of the Ritts Howard Legacy Society are through:
- A tax-deductible gift of cash by check, credit card or automatic transfer from your bank account to the Franconia Soaring Foundation.
- A transfer of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds to the Franconia Soaring Foundation.
- A gift in your will or living trust to leave a specific dollar amount or asset, a gift to be fulfilled if certain conditions are met, or the remainder of your estate once specific requests and obligations have been paid.
- Designating the Franconia Soaring Foundation as the beneficiary of any of the following assets: IRAs and other retirement plans, life insurance policies, donor advised funds and commercial annuities.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust which allows your heirs to receive income for their lifetime(s). After their deaths, the remainder in the trust or annuity is distributed to the Franconia Soaring Foundation.
The Franconia Soaring Foundation is an IRS 501(c)(3) approved non-profit organization. To name the Foundation as a beneficiary or to donate other assets, please use the following address:
Franconia Soaring Foundation
PO Box 956
Franconia, NH 03580
Tax ID Number: 81-2864631
Inquiries can be made to our Fundraising Chairman at:
54 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Support The Franconia Soaring Foundation by Making a Donation Today
(This will take you to paypal.com)